WV state law requires all households to do one of the following with their solid waste:
- Subscribe to and use an approved solid waste collection service
- Have proof that your waste was disposed of at an approved solid waste facility.
Waste must not be dumped on hillsides, streams, buried or burned. Penalties for noncompliance can be severe. According to WV Code Rule 33 CSR 7, Proof of Proper Solid Waste Disposal, the following methods of waste disposal are illegal:
- It’s illegal to burn solid waste – W.Va. §22-5-3;
- It’s illegal to bury solid waste – W.Va. §22-15-10;
- It’s Illegal to dump solid waste into a roadside dump – W.Va. §22-15-10;
- It’s Illegal to create an open dump on your property – W.Va. §22-15-10.
Randolph Countians have the following options for proper disposal of waste:
- Curbside pick-up
- Bulk garbage pick up
- Recycling Centers
- Composting in premises
Click here to report illegal dumpsites directly to the DEP.